This position is based in our Limassol, Cyprus office. The lead instructor advisor will advise students on how to increase their proficiency in the ESL and IELTS testing areas of: speaking, listening, reading, and writing. This person will assist students with their ESL assessment for their English proficiency and coordinate student courses. As the instructor, this position requires that s/he will guide students through their online learning platform and hold one-to-one sessions via online to tutor students. This position requires heavy use of phone calls to arrange classes and the coordination of course placement. This person must be organized and efficient.
- All applicants must have excellent (native or near-native) proficiency in English.
- All applicants must hold a bachelor's degree or higher in linguistics/applied linguistics, EFL/ESL/TEFL/TESL, and/or language education. (TEFL, TESOL or CELTA certificate.)
- Two (2) years of experience teaching test preparation to adult learners for one of the following tests is required: IELTS preferred, TOEFL or PTE Academic.
- Must be organized and efficient in CRM database, uploading files, documents and assessments.
Aston American University is an internationally recognized institution of higher education. Creating opportunities with education, improving lives, and strengthening our communities are the foundations of Aston American University. We have helped students from all over the world focus on their passion, impact their future, and change their world. As we continue to embrace our diverse students with caring and personalized support, we look forward to providing the world with a quality education that works for them.
• Student advisory: assessments, class placement, and schedule coordination.
• Heavy phone calls to students.
• Syllabus preparation, lesson planning, and maintenance of student records.
• Assist students with coursework in a variety of formats, including individualized instruction, computer assisted instruction, and self-study courses.
• Contribute to ongoing program development, curriculum development, and assessment.
• Tutor students one-to-one online.
• Teach English language skills needed for the IELTS test sections.
• Provide contextualized, interactive instruction that includes cooperative learning tasks.
• Track attendance and submit monthly reports.
• Respond in a timely matter to staff and students.
Please submit your resume and hourly rate to: firstname.lastname@example.org - our academic committee will review your qualifications and will contact you if there is a match. Thank you for your interest in Aston American University.